Green Sauce “Salsa verde”
• 1 bu. Parsley
• 1 bu. Cilantro
• 2 Jalapeno, roasted, skin, seeds removed
• 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
• 8 ea. Anchovies, chopped
• 1 Table spoon. Capers, drained
• 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Salt to taste
• Ground black pepper as needed
1. Remove the leaves of parsley and cilantro from the stem and discard it.
2. Roast the jalapenos on top of a grill until charred, remove and when cool enough peel and remove seeds.
3. In a mortar and pestle place the cloves of garlic, crush the cloves adding a small pinch of salt, until you have a smooth paste. Next add the roasted jalapenos and the anchovies, crush, and add the herds and pound until it forms a paste.
4. Remove and place in a bowl, add the capers, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and season.