Brussel Sprout Casserole
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 2 small shallots, minced
• 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 3/4 c. heavy cream
• 1/2 c. grated sharp white cheddar
• 1/2 c. Manchego cheese
• 1/2 c. cooked bacon pieces
1. Preheat oven to 155C degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oils from Spain.
3. Add shallots and brussel sprouts to the pan seasoning them with salt and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the brussel sprouts and shallots are tender, about 12 minutes.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the bacon. Once the bacon is cooked through, put it aside to cool it. Chop it into small pieces.
5. Remove the brussel sprouts and shallots from the heat and drizzle with cream, while stirring constantly.
6. Coat casserole pan with 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and add brussel sprout mixture.
7. Top with cheddar, manchego cheese and cooked bacon.
8. Bake until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is bubbly, about 13 to 16 minutes.