Potato and squash casserole
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 2 potatoes previously boiled
• ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Salt to taste
• Nutmeg to taste
• Pepper to taste
• 2 finely chopped onions
• 4 cups of grated squash
• Grated cheese
1. Start by sautéing the onion in a pan with one and a half tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in low heat. When the onion is soft, add the grated squash and sauté until it is cooked. Add salt to your taste and leave aside.
2. In a bowl, add the cooked potatoes, ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Mash the potato until de puree is consistent.
3. Add the ingredients into a baking dish in layers: first mashed potatoes, then squash, then cheese. Finish the casserole with a layer of cheese.
4. Finally, cook it in a preheated oven at 360ºF for 14-16 minutes.