Cod al pil pil with Olive Oil
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 21,15 oz of fresh cod
• Four garlic cloves, sliced finely
• 10 fl oz of virgin olive oil
• One guindilla chilli pepper, chopped finely
1. Desalt the cod by placing it in water two days before cooking the recipe. During that time, change the water up to four times a day. Once two days have gone by, drain the water and remove the bones.
2. Heat the Virgin Olive Oil in an earthenware or clay pot and add the finely sliced garlic and guindilla pepper. Sauté until golden, remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Place the cod with the skin-side upwards in the same Olive Oil, which is now infused with garlic and pepper flavors. Sauté for a few minutes, then turn over (cooking time will vary depending on the quality and size of the cod). Remove the cod from the oil and place it on a plate. The fish will continue to release a salty liquid. Collect this liquid and set it aside in a bowl.
4. In the pot, you will now have a mixture of Virgin Olive Oil flavored with garlic, guindilla pepper and the cod juices. Put the mixture into another container and let it cool.
5. In the same earthenware or clay pot, heat a little bit of fresh oil and add this mixture along with the salty liquid from the cod. Move it in circles to thicken the contents, incorporating more oil and salty liquid little by little until the sauce is dense and thick.
6. Place the cod and the vegetables into the pot. Let the mixture warm over low heat. Now it’s ready!.