Olive Oil Strawberry cake
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 3 eggs
• ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• 1-½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or cider vinegar)
• 2-½ cups almond flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
• ⅔ cup raw almonds, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and lightly oil or spray an 8-inch baking pan (or regular 8-inch cake pan). Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients for the cake (except the strawberries and raw almonds) to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add the sliced strawberries into the cake batter. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and pour into a smooth an even layer. Top with the raw chopped almonds.
4. Bake on the center rack of the oven 45 to 55 minutes, or until the cake turns golden-brown and the center has risen. Turn off the oven and allow cake to stand in the hot oven for another 10 minutes.
5. Let the cake cool at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.