FIg jam, walnuts and soft cheese canapé
• 8 slices of crusty bread
• 0,26 lb soft cheese, such as Arzúa-Ulloa
• 0,11 lb walnuts
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Fresh parsley
For the fig jam:
• 2,2 lb ripe figs
• 1,1 lb sugar
• 0,22 lb water
• Lemon juice
• ½ tea spoon cinnamon
• 1 clove
1. Cut the clean figs into quarters. Set them aside in a bowl with the lemon juice.
2. In a small saucepan boil the mix the sugar with 0,22lb of water. Add the figs and leave them to simmer for fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and leave the mixture to cool down and set.
3. Toast the slices of bread and drizzle with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Cut the cheese into eight portions and serve on the bread with a spoon of fig jam and decorate with a walnut and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.