Roasted suckling pig with a chicory, pomegranate and orange salad
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 1 suckling pig
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 glass white wine
• 4 garlic cloves
• Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
• 1 chicory
• 1 pomegranate
• 1 orange
For the suckling pig:
1. Clean and dry the suckling pig.
2. Rub the piglet, inside and out, with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
3. Place the suckling pig in a roasting tin supported on two upside-down plates.
4. Cover the tips of the ears in foil.
5. Pour a little water and the white wine into the roasting tin.
6. Place in the oven at 150ºC for 1 hour 45 minutes. Check occasionally, basting the meat with its own juices.
7. To finish, turn on the grill. Place the roasting tin in the lowest part of the oven and allow the skin to become crispy.
8. Remove from the oven and chop up the suckling pig.
9. Serve on plates, accompanied with the salad.
To make the salad:
1. Peel and segment the orange. Set aside for later.
2. Deseed the pomegranate and set to one side.
3. Wash the chicory and peel the garlic clove.
4. Crush the garlic, salt and a little sugar in a pestle and mortar, add the vinegar followed by the olive oil and stir well.
5. Arrange the chicory on one side of the plate, decorate with fruit and dress with the vinaigrette.