Crumbly shortbread biscuits
• 7 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 0,8 lb wheat flour
• 0,22 lb caster sugar
• 0,27 lb dessert wine
• 1 pinch of salt
• Grated zest of 1 orange
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon cloves
• ¼ teaspoon aniseed seeds
• ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it with your hands until you have a smooth, pliable dough. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may have to add a little more to absorb any excess moisture.
2. The dough is ready to use when it no longer sticks to your hands. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to rest for a couple of hours.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and, using a rolling pin, roll it to a thickness of around 1 cm.
4. Choose some Christmas-themed cookie cutters and get cutting!
5. Arrange the shortbreads on an oven tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 356ºF for 25 minutes.
6. Once cooked and before they get cold, cover them in caster sugar.
7. Alternatively you can sprinkle them with icing sugar and cocoa powder.
8. A great idea to complete your lunch or dinner this Christmas.