Ingredients (4 pax)
• 4 golden delicious, Macintosh, or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
• 5 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
For the crust
• 1 1/2 cups instant oatmeal
• 1/2 cup coarsely ground blanched almonds
• 1 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
• 8 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
1. Lightly Extra Virgin Olive Oil baking dish for the apple slices. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Toss the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread the apples in the baking dish.
3. In a separate bowl, mix oatmeal, almonds, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon and Olive Oil. Spoon this mixture over the apples.
4. Bake the apple crisp for about 35 – 45 minutes.
5. Remove, let cool slightly and serve.