Zucchini fritters with yogurt sauce
Ingredients (4 pax)
For the fritters
• 2 small or 1 large zucchini
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
• 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the yogurt sauce
• 1 Greek yogurt
• ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ¼ minced red onion
• A few minced mint leaves
• The juice of half a lemon
1. Start by grating the zucchini and putting them in a colander with some salt. Let sit for at least half an hour.
2. In the meanwhile, prepare the yogurt sauce. Mince the red onion and mint, and mix it with the yogurt. Then, add the lemon juice, ¼ the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pinch of salt. Store in the refrigerator until served.
3. After half an hour, dry the grated zucchini well with a paper towel, add the egg, flour, cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Put some Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan and add spoonfuls of the dough for the fritters. Cook the zucchini fritters on both sides until browned.
5. Lastly, serve the zucchini fritters with yogurt sauce.