Shaved avocado with pistachio, celery & extra virgin olive oil from Spain
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a snack)
• 2 ripe but slightly firm avocados
• 2 TBSP roasted pistachios
• 1 rib of celery, thinly sliced
• 2 TBSP flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
• 2 filets of canned sardines in olive oil
• Sea salt to taste
• 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil from Spain
• Juice of ½ lemon
1. Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, slice the avocados into very thin rings and layer on a plate.
2. Break up the sardine filets into small chunks and arrange on top of the avocados. Add the pistachios and the sliced celery, season with sea salt. Sprinkle with parsley and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil from Spain.