Pasta salad with chicken and bacon
• 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 6 rashers thin streaky bacon, rinded and chopped
• 8oz pasta (any shape)
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain for drizzling
• 8 salad onions, trimmed and sliced on the slant
• 1 tbsp finely chopped flat parsley
• Juice of half a lemon
• Tsp honey
• Black pepper
1. Heat griddle to smoking.
2. Rub chicken breasts with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and season.
3. Place on griddle and cook on both sides until chicken is cooked through. At the same time, fry bacon pieces in a non-stick pan.
4. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water until just ‘al dente’.
6. Drain and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Transfer all to a large bowl with sliced onions.
7. Mix lemon juice with honey and pour over. Season with black pepper.
8. Toss lightly.
9. Serve in bowls sprinkled with parsley.