One-pan roasted salmon, market vegetables, lemon & olive oil from Spain By Seamus Mullen
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a snack)
• ¼ cup EVOO from Spain
• 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
• 1 Summer squash, cut into chunks
• ½ cup mixed cherry tomatoes
• 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
• 1 cup green beans, cut into 1” pieces
• Small bunch of ramps or scallion bulbs, plus greens thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, grated
• 2 wild salmon filets, 6oz each
• Salt, pepper and lemon zest
• 1 tsp harissa powder or smoked paprika
• A handful of fresh herbs like basil, tarragon or Summer savory
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In a large roasting pan combine all the vegetables, season thoroughly with salt, pepper and harissa powder and toss with olive oil from Spain.
3. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and top with a few slices of lemons, nestle on the vegetables and roast in the oven for 18 minutes.
4. Serve with a drizzle of fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and fresh herbs, I like to use basil and tarragon, but any bright herbs will do!