Creamy black rice with squid and olive oil
Ingredients (4 pax)
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 10,5 oz rice
• 2,12 oz fish stock
• ¼ glass white wine
• 4 medium-sized squid
• 5 tablespoons squid ink
• ½ onion
• ½ green pepper
• 4 cloves garlic
• 4 tablespoons tomato paste
1. As a start make a light allioli (garlic mayonnaise) sauce. To do this, make a mayonnaise in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of squid ink and a clove of garlic either crushed in a garlic press or chopped very finely. Mix together until it is completely blended.
2. Once the mayonnaise is well blended with the garlic and squid ink, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain which will give it a unique gloss.
3. Lightly cover a pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and fry the pepper, onion and garlic, very gently, all cut into very small cubes.
4. When they start to take on a sheen, add the tomato paste and fry everything together for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the squid, cut into small chunks, and cook until the color changes. Seasoning to taste.
6. Put aside some of the tentacles and squid rings to fry in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, and use them as garnish.
7. Add the rice and mix together. Pour in the white wine and, once the alcohol has evaporated, add two tablespoons of squid ink and stir.
8. Add the stock little by little and as it evaporates keep on adding more stock until the rice is ‘al dente’. Dissolve the remaining two tablespoons of squid ink in the last cup of stock just before it is ready to be added.
9. Try the rice grains to make sure they are ready and then serve with some chopped parsley and the garlic mayonnaise.