Rice with vegetables
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 10,5 oz of long grain rice (basmati, indica, jasmine, or your choice)
• 2-3 medium sized carrots
• 2 large red bell peppers
• 1-2 medium bulbs
• 2-3 large cloves of garlic
• 13,5 oz of green peas
• 3,5 oz of canned corn
• 3,5 oz of zucchini or zucchini of any other variety
• 2-3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Parsley, spring onion, dill, coriander, tarragon and some other greens to taste
• Salt, pepper, paprika, saffron, barberry, Curcuma and other spices of your choice to taste
1. To make the rice crumbly, rinse it thoroughly many times - until the next drained water becomes clean. Pour it in a pan with water (2 parts of water for that of rice), cover and bring to a boil.
2. When the water has already begun to boil, reduce the heat to medium and keep cooking the rice for at least 20 minutes. You can focus on the state of rice grains (almost ready, slightly hard or almost complete boil-off of water)
3. Brush and finely chop all cooked vegetables, carrots and zucchini can also, as an option, grate on a fine grater. Pour into a deep frying pan the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and heat it over low heat.
4. Fry the vegetables in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain: start with onion and garlic, add the carrots and zucchini to the frying pan after 1-2 minutes, then after 3-4 minutes turn the sweet pepper, peas and corn. keep frying them for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the rests of water from rice and pour it into a frying pan with fried vegetables. Salt, cross the resulting mixture, add all the other spices and crumbled greens and slowly mix the rice with the vegetables.
6. Cover the frying pan with a lid, reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, periodically mixing it. After that lay rice with vegetables on a plate, if desired, decorate it with a couple of twigs of greens and serve it.