Ingredients (4 pax)
• 4 cups of bread flour
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 1 tablespoon of salt
• 2 tablespoons of yeast
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. If the dough is stiff, add a bit of extra water.
2. Place the dough on a flat surface and knead it for 13-15 minutes or until the dough has a uniform texture throughout.
3. Divide the dough into eight balls the same size. You can do this with your hands or using glasses to cut the correct size. Let the dough rest for another 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
5. Roll each ball of dough into a long rope. Wrap the dough around your hand so the ends touch to form the shape of the bagel.
6. Press the ends together.
7. Let the dough rest for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water.
8. Stick the bagels in the boiling water for a few seconds. And thenLeave it to dry.
9. Brush Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain on top of each bagel and bake for 30 minutes, turning the bagels as soon as one side turns golden brown so they don’t burn.
10. Wait 15 to 20 minutes for the bagels to cool.