Grass fed ribeye with avocado by Seamus Mullen
• 8 oz Ribeye steak
• 4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
• 1 avocado, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp sesame and poppy seeds
• 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 2 spears of asparagus, cut into ribbons with a peeler
• juice of 1 lemon
• fresh mint
1. In a large cast-iron skillet or stainless steel pan, heat two TBSP of the olive oil over medium-high heat until it slides easily across the pan, about 2 minutes.
2. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper and sear for 4-6 minutes on each side, until nicely browned. For a medium rare steak, remove from the pan when the internal temperature registers 125-130F with a meat thermometer. Set aside to rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
3. Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl toss the tomatoes, asparagus and mint with the remaining 2 TBSP of olive oil and the lemon juice.
4. On a large plate, place the sliced avocado on the plate, season with the seeds and sea salt. Slice the steak against the grain and fan out across the plate. Finish with the tomatoes, asparagus and mint and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Serve immediately!